ATEX Resources Inc. is a Latin America-focused exploration company managed by a team of dedicated professionals with the goal of discovering economically viable mineral deposits through a disciplined approach to exploration.
DIRECTORS & MANAGEMENT
Carl Hansen, CEO, Chairman
- Over 30 years of experience in the mining and exploration industry
- Co-founder and CEO of Andina Minerals Inc. (2003-2009) and Atacama Pacific Gold Corporation (2010-2018), successful Chilean –focused exploration companies
- Held senior positions with TVX Gold Inc. and Kinross Gold Inc.
- Served as a director on a number of boards and is currently a director of Antler Gold Inc. and Torrent Capital Ltd
- Received a Bachelor of Science in Geology from Laurentian University
Thomas Pladsen, CFO, Director
- 30 years of experience as a senior manager or director with public companies including presently serving as a director of Northfield Capital Corporation and Neo Lithium Corp.
- Previously served as Chief Financial Officer of several public companies including Atacama Pacific Gold Corporation, Katanga Mining Limited, Andina Minerals Inc. and Merc International Minerals, Inc.
- Holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from Wilfrid Laurier University and received his Chartered Accountant designation with KPMG LLP
William Jung, Director
- Over 25 years of experience with publicly listed companies and presently serving as a director of Goldstrike Resources Ltd., Juggernaut Exploration Ltd. and Luckystrike Resources Ltd.
- Previously served as Chief Financial Officer of Adroit Resources Inc. and Icon Exploration Inc.
- Holds a Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting from the University of BC and received his Chartered Accountant designation with Arthur Andersen & Co.
Jeff Palmer, Director
- Mr. Palmer has 40 years of experience in the accounting, consulting and business management fields in West Los Angeles, California
- Founded Palmer & Company Business Mgmt., LLC in 1992 and currently President of Garland Palmer Business Mgmt., Inc.
- California Certified Public Accountant; licensed since 1982 while at KPMG, LLP
- Member of California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from University of Southern California 1979
Hans Rasmussen, Director
- Over 35 years of experience in the mining and exploration business, 16 years of which were initially with senior producers Newmont Mining and Kennecott/Rio Tinto
- Currently, Senior Vice President of Exploration with Coeur Mining
- Previously, President and CEO of Colombia Crest Gold (200X-2013), the predecessor of Atex Resources
- Has served as a Directors of several public junior exploration companies
- Has a Masters of Science in Geophysics from the University of Utah and Bachelor of Science degree in Geology and Physics from Southern Oregon University
Rob Suttie, Director
- Currently Vice President at Marrelli Support Services Inc. with over 20 years’ experience in corporate accounting and financial disclosure
- Has served as Chief Financial Officer to a number of junior mining companies
- Through his role at Marrelli Support Services, he is currently CFO of a number of public listed companies including Drone Delivery Canada, Novocarbon Corporation, and Noble Minerals Exploration Inc.
Albrecht Schneider, Committee Chairman
- 40 years’ experience in the mining and mineral exploration industry
- Previously the Chairman and co-founder of Atacama Pacific Gold Corporation (2010-2018), general manager and co-founder of Andina Minerals Inc. (2003-2010) and Senior VP of Exploration, TVX Gold (1996-2002)
- Has acted as a consultant for numerous major mining companies including Antofagasta, TVX Normandy Americas, Newmont Mining, Kinross Gold and Gold Fields
- Instrumental in the discovery of a number precious metals deposits in Chile including Cerro Maricunga, Volcan and Salares Norte as well as led the teams outlining the Asacha and Zolotoe deposits in Russia, Kasperske Hory deposit in the Czech Republic, and the Skouries deposit in Greece.
- President of SBX Consultores Ltda. and currently a director of Rio2 Limited
- Holds a Ph.D. from Imperial College, University of London
Dr. Raymond Jannas
- Over 35 years’ experience in mining geology, exploration and business development focused in Latin America
- Headed exploration teams that led to the discovery of Pascua-Lama, El Morro and Johanna in Chile, and Choco 10 in Venezuela, as well as the acquisition of Cerro Corona in Peru
- Held senior positions with Gold Fields, Barrick Gold, LAC Minerals, Hochschild Mining, Metallica Resources, St. Joe Minerals, Rosario Resources and Minera Fuego
- Currently a Consulting Geologist to a number of mining companies
- Holds a Ph.D. from Harvard University
Antonio Ortuzar V
- Managing Partner for Servicios Legales Baker McKenzie SpA., Santiago
- Leader of the Global Mining Group for Baker McKenzie LLP.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of mining and natural resources project finance, merger & acquisitions, securities, telecommunications, capital markets, insurance and pension funds
- Represents mining clients in all phases of mining project development from “green field” to “brown field”, including acquisition, financing, exploitation, operation and closing
Kevin MacLean, CFA, P.ENG.,
- Over 30 years' experience specializing in precious metals and mining investments
- He was the Senior Portfolio Manager heading the resource investment team at Sentry Investments with peak assets under management of approximately $2 billion
- Received 13 Lipper Awards over multiple time periods for best risk-adjusted returns in the gold mining sector
- Recipient of 7 Brendan Wood International Top Gun awards for recognition of being a leading mind in the gold mining sector
- Currently, Mr MacLean works as a strategic consultant to mining companies